Export Expansion Grant (EEG) is a post- shipment export incentive scheme that is designed to induce non- oil exporters whose minimum annual export turnover is N5 Million. The scheme is aimed at assisting exporters to expand their volume and value of non- oil exports, diversify export markets and make them more competitive in International markets. It was established by the Export (Incentives & Miscellaneous Provisions) Act of 1986.It is being administered by inter-ministerial committee which include the following: Federal Ministry of Finance, Central Bank of Nigeria, Nigerian Custom Service, Nigerian Export Promotion Council, Special assistance to the President on MAN.
• Meets regularly to consider and approve claims
• Conducts inspection visits to factory premises of applicants
• Recommends abnormal cases to Inter Ministerial- Committee for possible sanctions
• Hosts the Secretariat of the scheme
• Receives applications on EEG claims
• Processes EEG claims ( in conjunction with PwC )
• Convenes meetings of the Implementation Committee
• Issues and sends NDCCs to FMF for counter signature
• Releases countersigned NDCCs to beneficiaries
• Issues broad policy guidelines for EEG ( being a fiscal policy matter).
• Authorises the issuance of NDCCs
• Authorises the release of NDCCs
• Represented on the EEG Implementation Committee
• Chairs the Inter Ministerial Monitoring Committee
• Confirms repatriation of proceeds, and forwards the information to NEPC before any claim can be presented for approval,
• Approve EEG claims in conjunction with other members of the EEG Implementation Committee at the EEG IC meetings.
• Verifies forms NXP to CBN
• Approves EEG claims in conjunction with other members of the EEG Implementation Committee at the EEG IC meetings.
• Handles utilization of NDCCs for import duty payment
• Processes EEG claims in conjunction with NEPC
• Prepares claims value report
• Conducts revalidation of EEG claims
• PWC’s role terminated with the processing and revalidation of up to 2008 claims.